Friday, June 27, 2008

Back on the Farm

So after returning from the beach yesterday we found, as expected, Sol and Ella had moved in. The had cleaned out the kitchen and organized the WWOOFer house. I think that teir organization will finally make this place what it should be which is kind of bitter sweet since I may be going to another farm after the tournament.

Also, yesterday evening two WWOOFers showed up. One of whom worked at the farm previously and the other was at the same farm as him now. The first, Jim, is from Wisconsin where his family owns a CSA farm. He got fed up with the situation at the Earth Rose and decided to just leave and travel around for a while. The other, Megan, is from London and may come to the farm later on in her 6 month trip to Costa Rica since things seem to be looking up here.

Today Megan and I cleaned a ton of dishes and finished organizing the kitchen. I also learned how to use a Costa Rican Laundry machine which involves a lot more work sice you have to move the clothes between rinse and spin cycles and stuff. You have to rinse the clothes a few times and then use soap and then rinse the soap off again each time filling the machine up with new water and spinning the clothes in between cycles.

Tomorros Ella is going to help me patch up my jeans. I am really starting to like what is happening at Earth Rose, so I may try and stay a little longer or come back after visiting other places. Things feel pretty good right now.

-Ravi

No comments: