Friday, June 13, 2008

First Day on the Farm

Shock is setting in that I am actually going to live like this for 2 months. I am at the Earth Rose Farm that is a little ways outside of San Isidro. There is only one other person living at this farm. His name is Adrian and he is from North Carolina. He has WWOOFed in Italy before and is going to stay at the Earth Rose for the entire time he is going to be here (he is leaving on August 4). IU was expecting there to be a few more people here, but I guess you can't come into a situation like this with expectations that you expect to be met.

Tomorrow we are going back to the city and I am going to contact a Yoga Farm that is even further south to see if I can figure out what to do in July.

There are a few sights to see here, but I am starting to worry a little bit about this farm. I guess that is normal.

The journey here from San Isidro was also fairly interesting. I made my way to the bus station and asked what looked like the main office when a bus would leave for Las Eseperanzas and he said that there are no busses that go there but to take a different one to Angostura and get off at Esperanzas. I took his word for it and was outside waiting for that bus when someone came up to me and asked where I was going and that I looked lost. I told him I wanted to get to Esperanzas so he asked around and found the right bus (I don't know why the central guy didn't know about it) then he told me that Jesus loves me and left.

Once I got there I didn't quite know which way to go, and all there was around me was a little shop so I went in and asked which way to a cemetary and just started walking in that direction. As I was hiking up this ridiculous hill it started to pour on me (rainy season in Costa Rica, this should be expected). I finally reached a gate with no sign and decided to just check it out and see if anyone was home, and I found a sign that said WWOOFers house and that is when I met Adrian.

Well hopefully these jitters go away soon.

-Ravi

No comments: