Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The First Marks

So I have gotten the first marks to prove I was here. The first are ant bites. Those snakes and spiders may be scarier looking but they won't really bother you unless you mess with them. Ants here, are very different. If you have ever had your hand bitten by 30 ants you understand. The second was by a machede.


There was a bug biting my arm and I went to swat it away and realized that I had a huge knife in my hand. The result of this left a mark that I hope will leave a nice scar. Luckily it was fairly dull and didn't cut very deep.


In other news the girls seem really down. I think they are ready to go home. I hope I don't have that kind of attitude about the place later down the line but the majority of what they have a problem with is the "machismo" of the Costa Rican men. Which I guess I can't really relate to... or can I?


Today we went into San Isidro to go to the market and use the Internet and we stopped in the park for a while. We ran into a guy named Jose who had smoked with Adrian previously in the park. He hit on me really hard and gave me a "gay" handshake. It had to hint that I was straight and then he kind of walked away.


-Ravi

No comments: