Thursday, July 3, 2008

Back to Civilization

I am staying at Helena's house in San Jose. She is my mother's friend. I am making my way to my vacation at the ultimate tournament at the Arenal Voilcano. I just took my first hot shower in 3 weeks and I am staying in a room where I don't need to check for spiders and snakes before I go to bed. Man what luxury. It is kind of nice. But, of course, I had to bring a little bit of the farm with me.

As I got ready for my shower I opened my pack to get some clean clothes and I don't notice anything out of the ordinary. I get back and realize I probably should have noticed the big scorpion (probably 4 to 5 inches long) hanging out in my pack. It had apparently decided to make the trip with me over to San Jose. I hope it didn't bring any friends for its journey and it was quite surprising since I didn't see any scorpions on the farm. It was just kind of chilling outside the main comparment. I don't know if it was in some clothing or what, but it sure was scary looking.

Anyways I am really looking forward to ths weekend and taking a break from farm life. When I return to work I will have almost been gone for a month. Craziness.

It is good to have friends in Costa Rica.

-Ravi

No comments: