Friday, July 4, 2008

Ultimate Tournament Day 1

So again I got super lucky. I arrived at the airport to see if I coule get on the 9:00AM bus that was going to take the ultimate players to the volcano but there was no one there. This was really strange and worrysome. Thoughts of this whole thing being a scam and such started to fester in my head.

Eventually I called up the tournament director after going to an Internet Cafe to find out what was going on. I found out that the meeting place had changed to his house but that they were just passing the airport so they stopped at the mall where I was to pick me up.

My immediate reaction upon arriving to my hotel was that this is crazy expensive. This was not helped by the fact that I was on my own in a bedroom with 2 full-sized beds since I was the last one to register for the tournament. I guess I am just extremely lucky in Costa Rica. I am really glad I came but I would have picked a cheaper place if I was planning the trip. Oh well, this is a nice graduation present to myself.

Today we went on a canopy zip line through the rain forest. This is a giant zip line that goes 250 feet in the air. It was really awesome and intense. We saw a cool white hawk but didn't see too much other wild life out there. It is going to be cool to just be a tourist for a little while.

Tonight I talked to a lot of the players and it seems our team is stacked. This should be a weekend to remember.

-Ravi

No comments: