Saturday, July 5, 2008

Ultimate Tournament Day 2

Today was the first day of actual playing and there were some good and bad things that happened. I will begin with the good and end with the bad.

Good - the ultimate. I was put on the blue team (the jersey they gave me is awesome) and we played very well. We lost our first game to the green team and then won out the rest of the day. This meant beating red, gold and white so we were 3-1 on th day. The way this tournament works is that everyone plays eevryone then at the end, tomorrow, the top 2 will have a rematch for the championship. We are playing yellow tomorrow and if we win that we are solified to play in the finals. Green and gold also went 3-1 today and thy play each other tomorrow. The winner of that should see us in the finals.

Personally I played very well. The locals here are not as knowledgeable with ultimate strategy as I am used to. They often times don't force correctly and the stack is often nonexistant. I was mainly handling and threw a lot of scores but I think I only caught one.

So now on to the bad stuff. I had my bag out on the fields and in it was my wallet with about 52,000 C (about $100) and my digital camera. I went to pay for lunch and inside I only found 2,000 C and no camera. Yep, robbed in Costa Rica. This really sucks because I was extremely careful everywhere else and everyone here just left their bags out on the field and I was the only one who got robbed. The money I can deal with, but I had around 150 pictures on that camera that are now all gone. The camera was also brand new.

After the tournament we went to the thermal waters that are driven by a hot spring. This was really just a hot water park in a fake tropical setting. It sure was relaxing though to hang out in some really hot pools and go down a pretty awesome water silde.

Well that is all from this bitter-sweet day. Hopefully tomorow brings better luck and we win the tournament. We are going omn a rain forest hike and sadly I can't take pictures.

-Ravi

No comments: