Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The Farm Palace

Today was my mom's birthday so I went into town to call her up. That was really nice and I found out that she was able to get refunded for the stolen camera because she bought it with American Express (I didn't know my blog would have credit card advertisements). So now my only loss from the robbery was that my pictures are gone.

So I am staying the night at Finca Ipe which seems like more of a resort than a farm. First I went to Derrick and Tiffany's house but thye were out at the beach since I came unannounced so I had to wait a few hours. Some guy named Greg told me to just hang out so that is what I did.

Once they arrived I got very mixed signals. Tiffany told me that I would have to pay the $20 a day to stay here. Derrick told her that maybe he could work out me staying at his farm (he lives at Ipe but the farm that he is working on is about 10 minutes away). He said it would be a very rustic place but that I could swing breakfast lunch and a place to stay.

Tonight I had to pay $10 to stay at Ipe and I am going to scope out the situation tomorrow and weigh out whether I feel I will be happy there or not. It is kind of scary but also exciting. Let's see what this new farm brings me.

Staying at Ipe would be crazy and I feel I need to describe it a little. They have hot water, fully stocked food and they only work 4 hours a day 5 days a week. Also, a normal western washing machine, nice tile floors (Derrick and Tiffany's house is a bamboo/hardwood wonderland). It seems like a nice hotel. I can see why it costs $20 a day but I certainly wouldn't want to pay to work. The few volunteers here seem nice enough. They see this as more of a vacation than the WWOOFers I have met at Earth Rose. Well that is all for now.

-Ravi

No comments: